Table of Contents
If you’re looking for high-quality, affordable game art outsourcing, look no further! This comprehensive guide will teach you everything you need to know about 3d game art outsourcing, from finding the right provider to pricing and delivery.
What is game art outsourcing?
Game art outsourcing is the process of contracting a 3rd party to create the graphics, textures, and models for a video game. There are many benefits to outsourcing your game art, including saving time and money. Let’s take a look at some of the key reasons why you might want to outsource your graphics:
-You have a large project with complex graphics requirements: By contracting a skilled 3rd party artist, you can easily meet your deadlines without compromising on quality.
-You want to experiment with new graphics styles: With an outside artist working on your project, you can try out new graphic design ideas without worrying about damaging your existing game assets.
-You need high-quality artwork: A skilled 3rd party artist will be able to produce high-quality visuals that meet your exact specifications.
Types of game art outsourcing
There are a number of different types of game art outsourcing. Here are some of the most common:
- Traditional Art Outsourcing: This type of outsourcing typically involves contracting an artist to create original artwork for a game project. Typically, this would involve hiring an established artist with years of experience in the gaming industry.
- Illustration Art Outsourcing: Illustration art outsourcing can involve working with a freelance illustrator to create original artwork for a game project. This type of outsourcing is often useful when creating high-quality illustrations that don’t need to adhere to specific game mechanics or style guidelines.
- 3D Modeling & Animation Outsourcing: 3D modeling and animation outsourcing can involve contracting a company or individual to create high-quality 3D models and animations for a game project. This can be helpful when creating characters, vehicles, and other objects that need to be intricate and realistic.
- Game Testing & Quality Assurance (QA) Outsourcing: Game testing and quality assurance (QA) outsourcing can involve contracting a third-party company to perform tests on game software before it’s released to the public. This can help ensure that the game is bug-free and meets all required standards before it’s released to consumers.
How much does game art outsourcing cost?
The cost of outsourcing game art can vary depending on the complexity of the project, the type of artist being used, and the amount of artwork required. A standard contract for a single artist may range from $50 to $250 per hour, with more complex projects requiring up to $1,000 an hour. In some cases, artists may also require travel expenses and lodging while working on a project.
What are the benefits of game art outsourcing?
There are many benefits to outsourcing your game art requirements to a professional artist. Not only will you save time and money, but you’ll also receive high-quality art that conforms to your specific vision for the game. Here are some of the main benefits:
- Speed and Efficiency
Outsourcing your game art can speed up the process by a considerable amount. You’ll no longer have to wait on other team members or search for creative solutions yourself – the artist will take care of everything in a more timely fashion.
- Quality Artwork
When you outsource your game art, you’re guaranteed top-notch quality artwork. The artist will be familiar with the style and design of your game, which means they’ll be able to produce high-quality pieces that match your expectations perfectly.
- Conformity to Your Vision
If you have a clear vision for your game, an artist working on your behalf of you will be able to capture that vision accurately. They won’t stray from the design goals that you’ve outlined, which means there’s less room for error and greater assurance that everyone involved is on the same page.
- Personalized Service
When dealing with a professional artist, you can be assured of personalized service – they won’t simply churn out generic pieces without any consideration for your specific project. This level of attention ensures that every detail is covered and that you’re totally satisfied with the end result – no matter how large or small the project may be.
Outsourcing your 3D game art can be a great way to cut costs and free up time for other projects. In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss the different types of outsourcing services and how they can benefit your team. We will also provide tips on how to choose the right provider for your project, as well as advice on creating a successful contract. So whether you are looking to outsource small pieces of artwork or need an entire project completed in a timely manner, our guide has everything that you need to make the decision easy.