WHAT ARE BABY SLEEPING BAGS?
The Baby Sleeping Bags, also commonly known as a sleep sack, a grow bag, or an asleep bag, is a great way to keep your baby warm while they sleep.
WHY DO YOU NEED THEM?
Babies sleep peacefully in their mother’s lap. But what if you have other work to do. For that scenario, you should get a baby sleeping bag for your little one so that he can enjoy the comfort. Baby sleeping bags are helpful in several ways
- With baby sleeping bags, your baby will maintain a constant temperature and will not overheat.
- The bag allows your baby to move around in it.
- In addition, you won’t have to take your baby out of her sleeping bag if she needs to be fed.
- Unlike traditional blankets and sheets, these do not require additional covers, which may tangle up your baby.
- Traveling with baby sleeping bags promotes peaceful sleep, so you and your baby will experience restful sleep with it.
- One of the main advantages of them is that wriggly babies cannot kick them off as blankets.
- Even when your baby isn’t sleeping at home, baby sleeping bags can bring a sense of comfort and familiarity during their nighttime routine.
IS SLEEPING IN SLEEPING BAGS BETTER FOR BABIES?
Taking advantage of the benefits this way might be pushing it a bit too far. They may be waking up because they have been kicking their blanket off. Apart from that, baby sleeping bagsaren’t a miracle remedy for sleeplessness. There is no way to stop tiny babies from waking up frequently.
BABY SLEEPING BAGS: ARE THEY SAFE?
Your baby will be safe as long as the bag is the right weight for them and the neckline is not too large. We recommend avoiding using them with any other cover and discontinuing using them once your child can get out of the cot.
WHICH SIZE IS BEST?
The size of the baby sleeping bags varies from child to child. Even the age of your child contributes a lot to the size of the sleeping bag. However, you can keep in mind the following points when choosing the best sleeping bags.These points are essential, especially when you buy an online baby sleeping bag.
- For newborn to 6-month babies, choose a 70 cm sleeping bag.
- When you choose baby sleeping bags for a premature baby, make sure it is as big as 60 cm not to feel overwhelmed.
- Sleeping bags measuring at least 90 cm are appropriate for babies in the 6 to 12-month range.
WHICH TOG IS BEST?
An overall thermal grade, or TOG, is a way to measure a product’s thermal performance. For example, a sleeping bag may have a TOG rating ranging from 1.0 or 2.5. Low numbers indicate less insulation; high numbers mean more insulation.
To avoid any mishaps, consider the following tog rating.
- A 3.5 tog is recommended for a room below 14 degrees, with a cotton bodysuit and a sleepsuit.
- Room under 16 degrees: Use a 2.5 tog bag.
- You should use a 2.5 tog with a cotton bodysuit at 17-21 degrees.
- Use a lightweight 1.5 tog bodysuit and a 22 to 25-degree room.
- Use a 0.5 tog sheet or muslin bag over a 25-degree room, along with a short-sleeved bodysuit.
MATERIAL OF BABY SLEEPING BAG?
- Material made from natural components is better due to their more outstanding breathability. For example, most baby sleeping bags are cotton with a polyester filling. Since organic cotton is grown without any chemicals, it has fewer adverse effects on the environment and being gentle on the skin.
- Occasionally, the bag’s cover is made of Merino wool, as this is very thermos regulating, allowing the bag to be used during a wide range of temperatures.
- Muslin baby sleeping bags are very relaxed and breathable, so they’re perfect for hot climates or holidays.
WHAT DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE?
There are several fun patterns and colors to select from as well as organic materials. Some travel styles will come with a two-way zip at the front and a slit at the back, so your baby can travel in it in his car seat or buggy. Most styles have a single zip in older sizes, making it harder for your baby to get out. Poppers at the top of baby sleeping bags for young children make it easy to put your baby in and change their nappy, and zips run along the bottom and sides. Thus, you can choose one according to your needs.
MATERIALS TO AVOID
If you are choosing baby sleeping bags, there are a lot of things to consider. On top of all is material. So it would be best if you were careful while choosing the material.
- It would help if you didn’t put babies to sleep in sleeping bags that contain formaldehyde as an anti-wrinkle agent.
- Bags containing flame retardant chemicals, sometimes used by brands to pass fire safety tests, should be avoided.
- Baby sleeping bags that contain pesticides and herbicides, which are sometimes used for farming cotton, are not suitable.
- Avoid materials containing dye or ink, which may also irritate the skin and respiratory tract.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE USING BABY SLEEPING BAGS
Following is a list of crucial safe sleeping tips:
- If your baby is wearing a sleeping bag, make sure they are lying on their back.
- Baby sleeping bags shouldn’t be too large for your baby.
- Ensure that the zipper on the sack is closed and fully zipped to avoid your baby falling.
- Synthetic materials may overheat your baby.
- Sacks with an open bottom may cause your baby’s temperature to fluctuate since cool air can enter.
- You should only use a sleeveless sleeping bag on your baby after eight weeks of age.
Babies are such delicate creatures. It would be best if you bought everything we get for them with proper care and precautions. Otherwise, hard things may be harmful to babies. Therefore, it provides comfort and sound sleep to your baby when it comes to baby sleeping bags. However, if it is of lousy material or poor quality, your baby might not feel comfortable in that. Keep in mind all the points mentioned above while buying baby sleeping bags. Furthermore, take care of size and material when you buy an online baby sleeping bag.