Our lives have changed a lot after the pandemic. Our habits, practices, food, and lifestyle have changed during and after the pandemic. The work habits and the daily activities have been changed and also the screen time has been increased due to the pandemic. People are spending more time sitting in front of the computer. Students have mostly switched to the online mode. Students attended classes online, people did work from home, which had increased the usage of the electronic devices 10 times what the usage was before the pandemic.
This has affected our eyes and their health. The increased usage of screens has affected the eyes, and our eyes became more exposed to the harmful rays like blue light emitting from the digital screens.
Getting regular checkups of your eyes is very necessary as this helps to keep an update on the condition of the eyes. Doctors can suggest the best for the eyes, and thus it is important to visit a doctor for routine eye checkups.
Ways to improve eyesight
There are trips and tricks which help to improve our eyesight and keep our eyes in a good condition. Read the below tips and tricks to follow for a better vision. You can follow our social media Instagram and website for the need of glasses as there are varieties of glasses collections for both men and women:
- Vitamins and minerals- The amount of the intake of vitamins and minerals must be enough for the eyes and the body. Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, minerals like zinc, and potassium contain antioxidants that help the eyes from getting affected by macular degeneration. It is a condition in the macula that destroys the central part of the vision. Food sources include varieties of colourful vegetables and fruits, such as-
- Sweet potatoes
- Citrus fruits
Foods that include omega 3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna, trout, and more help in better eye health.
- Carotenoids- Carotenoids play an important part in improving our eyesight. Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoids found in the retina. Foods like broccoli, green vegetables, eggs, and others are important for our eyes. These can also be taken as a supplement on a day and improve our eyesight. These carotenoids help to improve the macula by improving the pigment density and the harmful rays like UV rays and blue light from entering the eyes. You can wear transparent glasses with a blue light coating for double protection of the eyes.
- Fitness- It is important to stay fit. Without proper fitness, our body tends to get prone to diseases like blood pressure, diabetes, and heart diseases. These are the most common diseases that people are prone to and affect our eyes. When we talk of diabetes, type 2 is the most common and found in most people. It is known almost by all that a diabetic patient is very prone to eye diseases, especially cataracts. Thus by eating proper food and workout, one can lead a healthy life and stay fit.
- Manage chronic conditions- Since diabetes is one of the reasons for developing different eye diseases, people are aware of various diabetic symptoms. But diabetes is not the only disease that affects the eyes, blood pressure and multiple sclerosis also affect the eyes and disturb the eye health and develop various eye diseases. Having a proper meal and healthy diet and proper medicines can improve eyesight.
- Eyewears- Our eyes must be kept in good hands. Eyewears help to protect the eyes. Eyeglasses not only protect the eyes but also make one look fashionable with different eyewear. For example- women can wear cat-eye glasses and sunglasses which serve a dual purpose of protection and fashion. Wearing sunglasses when outdoors serves multiple purposes.
- Quit smoking- Smoking not only affects the lungs, and the heart but also affects the eyes. Regular smoking can lead to blurry vision and increases the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. Thus along with hearing, lungs, skin, hair, and others, it also affects the eyes. Hence it is better to quit smoking and lead a healthy life that involves a clear vision and a better lifestyle.
- Family History- Eye diseases are sometimes hereditary, and thus it is important to have a clear knowledge of your family history about the eyes and their conditions and should take precautions accordingly.
- Hygiene- It is important to maintain hygiene and should not put dirty hands or anything on the eyes. The dirt there might enter any particles, which lead to irritation and redness of the eyes. Always clean your hands and use safe things for the eyes.
The above are some tips and tricks that can keep your eyes better and safe.