Antigua and Barbuda islands are one of the famous tourist destinations in the world. Being situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Eastern Caribbean, this twin-island country is perfectly ideal for tourists who prefer to holiday at the beach. The USP of Antigua and Barbuda islands is its flatland topography, more than 365 beaches of clean waters, and a moderate climate round the year.
Since 1981, this paradise has been accredited as an independent Commonwealth State and not less than 60% of its income comes from tourism and other related sectors. The government of Antigua and Barbuda islands majorly focuses on attracting tourists from countries like the USA, Canada, and Europe and even aims at enhancing the island’s business environment by providing citizenship to potential investors and their family members.
If you too are willing to become a citizen of this fascinating twin-island country, then consider looking at the below-discussed frequently asked questions for making a well-informed decision:
1. General requirements for earning the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship?
Below are the requirements that a potential investor will generally need to fulfill for attaining the Antigua and Barbuda passport:
- He/she must be aged 18 years and above
- He/she must never have a criminal record in his/her name
- He/she must be physically fit and healthy
- Having a good character is a must
- He/she should qualify in the background verification round
- He/she must disclose all his/her sources of funds
- The main applicant must spend at least five days on either of the two islands over a span of five years.
2. What is the best way to obtain dual citizenship?
Dual citizenship is also often regarded as alternate citizenship or second citizenship. The best way to obtain dual or alternate citizenship is via an investment programme sponsored by a government.
3. What are the benefits of becoming a lawful citizen of Antigua and Barbuda islands?
An investor after gaining citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda islands can enjoy benefits like full citizenship, allowance of dual citizenship, social as well as political security, bare-minimum processing fees, no requirement for him/her to appear for an interview, being able to converse in English is not mandatory at all, and he/she can even travel to more than 130 nations including the European Union and the United Kingdom and that too visa-free. The best part is that the investor as a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda can easily maintain his/her citizenship status by simply visiting this twin-island country for just five days in every five years. Also, the prevalence of a stable economy in this tropical paradise can extremely benefit him/her in abundance.
4. Is there any scope of the flow of foreign income, inheritance tax, gifts, and capital gains?
5. Can a potential investor apply with his/her spouse, children (less than 18 years of age), and dependent parents?
Yes, a potential investor can easily apply with his/her spouse, children, and dependent parents too. In some cases, he/she can even apply with dependent grandparents as well.
6. Can a potential investor after becoming a lawful citizen of Antigua and Barbuda travel visa-free to other countries? If yes, is there any exception?
Yes, a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda can easily enjoy traveling to more than 130 countries and that too visa-free. No, there are no exceptions at all.
7. What are the investment options for becoming a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda islands?
Potential investors can become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda in either of the below-mentioned ways:
- By making an investment in a pre-sanctioned real estate business
- By making a one-time contribution to the NDF (National Development Fund)
- By investing in a pre-sanctioned corporate business
- By choosing to participate in the UWI Fund (University of the West Indies Fund)
8. Does citizenship provided to an investor remain the same for all Investment Programmes?
Yes, totally. Each and every investment programme has its own pros and cons. Needless to say but the requirements, the total costs involved, and the benefits are not the same for all the Investment Programmes. Therefore, it is suggested for potential investors to thoroughly evaluate each and every investment programme and confirm the one that best suits their budgets and requirements.
Do you still have any questions? If yes, then do write to us and we will be more then happy to answer them.