Table of Contents
The tip to remove this RAT completely from your computer you must uninstall all related items from your system files, Registry as well as Control Panel. For doing this you need to be a technical expert or you can also use powerful antimalware to rid of this strong adware. SpyHunter is one of the best antimalware that scans your computer thoroughly to eradicate the threat of bad functioning.
Quick summary of the threat to your system!!
Name of the Malware
Trojan (A malicious malware)
Uses browser extension to gain full access to victim’s system
Tempering the API requests, stealing the clipboard content, and credentials and tampering with crypto addresses on visited sites.
Uses “Google Docs 1.0 or Sheets 2.1”, or another legitimate-looking site extension to stay hidden from the victim’s system.
Deceptive advertisements, Insecure sites, Fake attachments in emails, etc.
How does Counter.wmail-service.com affect your computer?
The Counter.wmail-service.com are nasty Trojans that contain malicious hidden codes to harm your system. Once it is being installed on your computer by any means can cause ample destructive things including:
- Stealing Sensitive System Information: This is one of the main aims of Trojans like stealing sensitive data from the victim’s computer, such as credit card numbers, usernames and passwords of certain sites and other personal information. Because it can access your computer to capture keystrokes, record audio and video and many other critical actions after it is installed on your system.
- Controlling Your Devices: Counter.wmail-service.com can also permit hackers to control your device and do a variety of destructive activities. For instance, attackers can utilize this Trojan to modify, delete or encrypt files and even take over a device’s camera and microphone.
- Spreading Malware: These threats can also spread cryptovirus to other devices, they do this activity either by sending infected files or by developing vulnerabilities in your device’s OS.
- Encrypting Data: Some Trojans are specially designed to encrypt data on the victim’s computer and then demand a release payment for the decryption key.
- Vicious Attacks: Some of the dangerous Trojans like this specific can also be used to launch destructive attacks. They can delete or corrupt your system files or disrupt your network activity.
What are the steps to remove Counter.wmail-service.com from your system?
Because of the above given reasons it becomes essential to remove this Trojan from your computer if it is infected. Here are some of the simple steps to remove Counter.wmail-service.com. These steps may vary depending on some other meticulous adware associated with it.
- Scan your computer thoroughly with advanced antivirus software.
- Then, make use of anti-malware software to scan and remove any threats.
- Click on the Apps and features of your system and uninstall any of the malicious programs.
- Disable any unknown or doubtful browser extensions or add-ons from your system.
- After this, reset your internet browser to its default settings.
- Next, clean your browser and the DNS cache memory and remove browser policies from Windows.
- If you found any suspicious registry entries related to the malware, remove them as well.
- In the next step, reboot your computer in Safe Mode to remove any wilful malware or system viruses.
- At last scan your computer for rootkits and other malware software.
On the whole, Counter.wmail-service.com is a dangerous crimeware for your computer that needs to be removed in any case. Sometimes manual removal of this specific malware may not be enough. Then, in such cases, you seek professional help from a computer security expert to ensure that the Trojan is completely removed from your system. After removing this from your system, regularly updating your antivirus and anti-malware software is recommended. Plus, always be cautious while browsing the internet and installing any apps or programs to prevent your system from any cryptovirus infections.