Teenage or adolescence is a part of life when our body goes through a lot of physical and emotional changes. A lot of times, boys hitting puberty develop man boobs due to some hormonal change. This means that their breasts swell up and become larger as compared to the normal size. This might turn out to be embarrassing for the growing kids or even a man and might cause getting random jokes or body shamed by others. However, it is a very common condition known as Gynecomastia, and it can be treated. There are specialized doctors one can reach out to, especially in places like gynecomastia doctors in punjab are easily available to treat such issues.
What are the signs of Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is a medical condition that can arise in the body or a boy or even an older adult in which they develop man boobs. The signs include small to excess extra tissues and fat around the nipples to highly prominent and developed breasts. In some cases, only one breast is affected while both are affected by the others. It can also cause pain in some cases.
What are the causes of Gynecomastia?
The following are the causes of Gynecomastia:
- All men have estrogen and testosterone hormones, but the former is present in a very small amount, and the latter is prominent. However, due to hormonal imbalance between sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone), there can be a growth of breast tissues in males, which can cause Gynecomastia.
- Being obese or overweight can also lead to Gynecomastia, and it is the most common cause of the same. Being overweight contributes to the level of estrogen hormone, leading to the growth of man boobs. Losing weight can help in some cases but in many, reaching out to gynecomastia doctor in punjab or other places where they are available, is the only solution.
- Some newborn baby boys can have it because of estrogen passed by the mother’s placenta, but it is a temporary thing, and it naturally disappears in that case.
- The hormone level goes haywire during puberty, leading to the development of man boobs due to the low testosterone level in a male. This can lead to breast enlargement in teenage boys and is some cases, as the boys grow old, it can improve itself with the hormonal level getting restored to normal. It may take a lot of time or not even happen naturally in some cases, and that calls for treatment.
- When men reach old age, testosterone levels go down with time, which can lead to the development of man boobs.
- Side effects of drugs, medicines, alcohol, lumps/infections, and even genetic disorders can also be the causes.
One should reach out to a professional and experienced gynecomastia doctor and get medical treatment for the same. There are two options in the treatment; one can go for a quick surgery to remove the excess tissue while others can go for medication to adjust the hormonal imbalance. The important thing is that there is nothing to be embarrassed about or worried about. All one needs to do is pick the right professional with knowledge and experience, even if it means going out of the city or town to get the right medical treatment.